add a special Provides: to all login manager packages

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Feb 19 00:30:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> what has upstream gnome said about using other lm to start gnome?

My guess is that most of them would probably agree it's worth fixing
bugs involved in interacting with kdm.  But hostility to adding more
to that set is likely to increase fast.

Anyways how about this proposal as something we could likely achieve
rough consensus on: Integrating any package which requires nontrivial
changes in affected software[1] requires a Feature page, and that
feature requires the rough consensus of the maintainers of the
affected software.

[1] I don't mean Requires: but how the software works at runtime