586 vs 686

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Feb 19 03:25:05 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 19:04 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Soo, see the 586 packages come out in rawhide.  And was just paying
> > attention to my kernel, and noticed it was 586 as well, and not 686 that
> > it used to always be up to F11.  So, is 586 it now for low end and high
> > end, even kernel?
> >
> > If this was discussed, specially during the almost 2 week power outtage
> > couple weeks ago, point me to the URL and will gladly read on it.
>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ArchitectureSupport

Thanks Jesse, that answers most of my questions.  Except, as I have the
586 kernel (would 686 still be for those higher systems?) installed, and
I have a 64bit system (32bit installed).

Do I need to file a bug report for this?

P.S. What bout the dir structure (or paths to the files in rawhide and
so on), as it has /path/to/os/i386, and will that change to 586 as well?

--
Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org