Heads up: libgpod-0.7.0 soname bump

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 02:33:31 UTC 2009

I'd like to push libgpod-0.7.0 into rawhide soon.  This release
contains a soname bump due to some changes in the artwork handling
API.  All packages in Fedora (and RPM Fusion) should be ready to build
against this new version now, some with patches cherry-picked from
upstream.  I'll do this as a chainbuild to ensure that everything hits
the Fedora repos at the same time.

What I think will need a closer look by users and maintainers are the
packages using the python-gpod bindings.  If you maintain or use any
of these packages and use the iPod support, please give them some
testing when they hit rawhide and report any problems with the new
libgpod.

Packages requiring libgpod:

amarok
gtkpod
kipi-plugins
libgpod
python-gpod
rhythmbox

(Plus gnome-mplayer and lastfm in RPM Fusion.)

Packages requiring python-gpod:

conduit
exaile
gpodder
quodlibet

Maintainers of the above packages are copied on this message.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and
life stands explained.
    -- Mark Twain