How do submit this.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 22:20:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 12:22 +0800, Steven Drinnan wrote:
> I have a Toshiba M30 nvidia card.
>
> When I first boot using the computer (live cd or otherwise) the screen
> is not in focus.
>
> To fix this I need to do one of the following.
>
> 1. change the resolution to 1024x768. But then the screen is distorted
> but clear.
>
> 2. Install config display and set the colours to thousands of colours.
> not good as it makes a X11.conf file.
>
> 3. Install the nVidia driver.
>

> My idea is to add a box in the screen resolution program to change the
> colour depth. If possible.
>
> As you can see not really a bug but an enhancement. Only applicable to
> wide screens using the nv driver.

At base level, this sounds more like a bug in the nv driver relating to
this chipset. First of all, see if the nouveau driver works, because
we're probably going to nouveau by default for F11. If not, file a bug
on the nouveau driver. Rather than implementing what's essentially a
workaround for the bug (making it easy to configure colour depth), it'd
be better to fix the bug...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey