Catching python syntax errors at build time

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:40:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 23:30 +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 22:52 +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> >> To me it looks like
> >> all those files are not failing to be compiled but are just not even tried
> >> to be compiled.
> >
> > Did you exclude .py files that fall under %docdir?
>
> Nope. But even when filtering out /usr/share/doc I still get the following list.

You *are* looking for .py files *without* a corresponding .pyc and .pyo
file, right? Supplying the Python source in the package is not unusual.

I pulled a package out of the list, python-fedora to be specific, and
looked at its manifest. It has no unmatched .py files other than one
under /usr/share/doc.