Heads-Up! Rawhide rb_libtorrent Update: soname bump

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sat Feb 21 01:42:47 UTC 2009

[Resending due to error with previous attempt; apologies if you receive this twice...]

Hi, all.

I'm about to push an update to Rawhide for rb_libtorrent 0.14.2; but
this update contains a soname bump: from "libtorrent-rasterbar.so.1" to
"libtorrent-rasterbar.so.2". According to repoquery, there are four
other packages in Fedora which use rb_libtorrent (maintainers CC-ed), as
follows:

✔ Deluge (which I maintain in Fedora) and Miro both use rb_libtorrent
only through its python bindings and thus should not be affected by the
update.

✔ QBitTorrent needs only an EVR bump and rebuild for the update. A brief
test build did not reveal any errors from this soname bump, and after
that it seems to run just fine. I can take care of the bump & rebuild if
you'd like. Just let me know. :)

✘ linkage still has not been updated upstream yet to work with the
API/ABI changes from 0.13.x to 0.14.x; and also does not build with this
update.

Please let me know if this causes any other issues, etc. Thanks.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>
Who am I? :: http://www.thecodergeek.com/about-me