Any solution to the mock / gcc -m32 bug yet?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Feb 21 09:30:01 UTC 2009

I asked about this a few months ago:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg00371.html

I've got another package (odcctools, not yet in Fedora).  This is a
large morass of old C code dating back to the Mach kernel, and it
makes lots of 32 bit assumptions.  No one compiling this has even
attempted to fix these issues, and the general advice is to compile it
with "gcc -m32".  The programs don't use lots of memory, and don't
need to run quickly.

I can get it to build in mock fedora-rawhide-x86_64 by adding:

  BuildRequires:  /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h
  %ifarch %{ix86}
  BuildRequires:  /usr/lib/gcc/i586-redhat-linux
  %endif

My understanding is this won't work in Koji.

Another way might be to do:

  ExclusiveArch:  %{ix86} ppc

If I go the second route, will the package be installable on x86_64?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top