Fedora 11 Mass Rebuilds

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Feb 25 01:16:15 UTC 2009

Tom Lane píše v Út 24. 02. 2009 v 19:43 -0500:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> > On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:32 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> >> Can you say what it is?  I'm seeing this on my centos 5.2 mock host.
>
> > The rpm version on the host has to be able to support the larger file
> > checksums.  We have a special rpm built for our EL5 builders that
> > provides this.  I don't know if that rpm build is hosted anywhere out in
> > the open, I do believe Mitr built it for us.
>
> It's going to be quite a large problem if people can no longer use mock
> on an older system to test rawhide builds.  What is the plan to address
> this?
An updated rpm was already submitted as an update to Fedora 10.  The
feature won't be backported to older rpm versions.

(You can use the rpm I prepared for the koji builders, at
http://people.redhat.com/mitr/sha256-rpm , but there are some
incompatible behavior changes and using this packae will break some
dependencies because rpm-libs sonames have changed.)
	Mirek