Mass build failure, font sub-package issue

Roy Rankin rrankin at ihug.com.au
Wed Feb 25 08:22:30 UTC 2009

The mass build of one of my packages denemo returned a state of failed.
In fact all builds were successful, but the font sub-package seems to
have failed registration in some database. The message is as follows:

  pg.DatabaseError: error 'ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique
constraint "rpminfo_unique_nvra"
' in 'INSERT INTO rpminfo (id,name,version,release,epoch,
             build_id,arch,buildtime,buildroot_id,
             external_repo_id,
             size,payloadhash)
     VALUES (1029749,'denemo-music-fonts','4.10','1.fc11',NULL,
             85033,'ppc',1235475226,360846,
             0,
             30525,'27dfe803f57d46e4487375d3a0c68bf6')
     '

My understanding is that the main reasons for the new requirement that
fonts be in a separate package were better license visibility, better
sharing of fonts, and to save the user from downloading stable fonts
just because the code changes. And in my case, as the font is in the
source tar ball a sub-package is indicated.

I gave the font sub-package its own version so code changes would not
require installing a new font package, and this "protects" the version
number from rpmdev-bumpspec. However, It looks like doing this is not
consistent with the Fedora build system.

Is there a way to achieve what I want that will work?

Regards,
Roy Rankin