Yet another noarch package problem

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:30:35 UTC 2009

I would like to split the lxde-common package because most of it's
content is noarch (artwork, config files) but it also includes
/usr/bin/lxde-settings, the lxde-settings manager written in C.

The packages should be named lxde-common and lxde-settings after the
split. But RPM can only do noarch subpackages, so the base package needs
to be lxde-settings. Does that mean that I have to rename the package in
CVS, request a re-review, mark the old package dead and so on? As a site
effect bugzilla would only have a lxde-settings component instead of
lxde-common, which might confuse people.

Regards,
Christoph