New kernel-doc only sometimes has an issue

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:51:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 08:37:14AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 08:30:28 -0500,
>  Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That is true.  However, it's still available in koji and can be downloaded
>> from there.  For a package like kernel-doc that seems sufficient to me.
>
>That seems wrong to me. It would make more sense to just drop it entirely
>than start telling people to get it from koji.

or wait for the next -rc build.  Again, since it isn't installed by default
and the number of people installing it by hand should be relatively low I
do not see why this is really an issue.

I did advocate for dropping it entirely.  That didn't get very far.  Mostly
because it's helpful to upstream to actually build the kerneldoc stuff from
time to time and report errors.

josh