Ready for new RPM version?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 02:24:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 06:19:16PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 18:14 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 17:28 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> > Yes! Exactly! That's what I want! An early-warning detection system user
>> > base. Thank you for getting the point. :)
>> >
>> > If you don't have people finding problems, who will? As I said,
>> > automatic testing can never find everything, it's just not possible.
>>
>> The problem is that you want to use people to detect the breakage, but
>> the people you want aren't really willing to deal with breakage.  Do you
>> see a stalemate here?
>
>I'm trying. :) I know there's a lot more than five people reading this
>list, so maybe some of them will see my point here.
>
>I know various other people I've spoken to about this have been firmly
>on my side, and I've been urged by more than one person to (I quote)
>'JFDI' in relation to trying to get more people to use Rawhide.

So what exactly are you going to JFD?  So far evangalizing isn't getting
you very far.  Are you going to:

1) Do something from a test/QA standpoint to help people know when rawhide
   is somewhat stable?

2) Do something to help flag badly broken rawhide composes so people don't
   waste valuable time updating to known broken stuff?

3) Anything other than invite people to join in the pain that can be
   rawhide without actually doing something to lessen that pain and make
   the distro _better_?

josh