Package Review Stats for 2008

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jan 2 17:31:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:47:04AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 05:33:43PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:09:56 -0500, Paul wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to arrange for some sort of reward for the top 10 reviewers.
> > > We could turn that into an annual event.
> >
> > What are your plans on avoiding "quantity instead of quality" effects?
>
> How does the packaging community currently ensure that packages
> reviewed are of sufficient quality?

I don't know if it was what Michael wanted to say, but there are reviews
that are very easy and reviews that are quite hard, counting these the
same may be misleading. However taking that into account requires a
rating of the submission which is not obvious.

Another issue is that in some cases commentators may do more work
in the review than the one approving the review request. This is also
not something that is easily measured, though...

In any case, as long as those numbers are not misrepresented as
the amount of work done through reviews or the like, but only plainly
as review requests accepted, everything is fine.

--
Pat