Package Review Stats for 2008

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 17:49:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:14:57 -0500, Brian wrote:

> One of the things I'd like to work on improving in
> 2009 is to increase the number of reviews done by the folks that did 10
> or fewer reviews in 2008, since this is where the bulk of our package
> reviewers lie.

Better: increase the number of people, who've done 10 or fewer reviews
in 2008.

There are first-time revievers and people, who are afraid of doing
mistakes in reviews and who therefore don't review anything to stay on
the safe side. Encourage them to ask for a review of their review
prior to approval. Reward active contributors with becoming a
"sponsor", with access to the "provenpackagers" group, and with
removing the mandatory review requests of package renaming.