Ekiga dependencies

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sun Jan 4 06:05:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 20:18 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Or it could be you have an additional yum plugin enabled that is
> pulling filelists as part of its operation.  I've no idea why you are
> seeing filelist pulled.
>
> -jef

The only plugin I have installed is refresh-packagekit.  However, I just
erased Ekiga & the two dependencies, did a yum clean all, and when I
reinstalled Ekiga, no filelists were pulled, so whatever was happening
is no longer, so I guess that's a good thing.

For future reference, would it be better (this is my ignorance asking)
for a dependency to be on a library (x.so.n) or on a package
name/version combination (x.version)?