Fedora unusable on Asus eee 701

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:17:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Eric Springer <erikina at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Valent Turkovic
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org> wrote:
>>
>> Are you being intentionally ignorant or are you new to this list?
>
> Oh screw you. You come to the *development* list and say crap like
> this to contributing and active member?

I'm sorry if I offended you, I don't know you personaly and I just
judge from what you wrote. Because I know that that is ignored most of
the time I concluded that you were being intentionally a prick or are
new to this list and don't know that this is ignored.

My primary language isn't english so words that I use don't have the
finesse of english speaking people and come out much stronger than
intended, sorry again for that.

> Beside repeatably avoiding taking the proper channels to get issues
> fixed, you can't even be polite.
>
> Let me take a quick look at your contributions:
>
> 08-12-30 -- Posting about a bug that affects you (on devel)
> 08-12-29 -- Asking for tips on using your eee (on devel)
> 08-11-30 -- Asking a wiki question (on devel)
> 08-11-17 -- Asking about WEP keys and network manager (on devel)
> 08-07-14 -- Asking people to look at a sound issue for you (on devel)
> 08-06-14 -- Posting about 4 feature requests bugs you want (on devel)
> 08-06-12 -- Posting about a selinux bug that affects you (on devel)
> 08-03-30 -- Posting about a networkmanager bug that affects you (on devel)
> 08-06-09 -- Asking if Red Hat is dropping support for fedora (on devel)
> 08-05-27 -- Asking about fedoratv (on devel)
> 08-05-27 -- Reporting flash doesn't work (on devel)
> 08-05-27 -- Asking about webcam support (on devel)
> 08-05-27 -- Asking how to disable a feature in swfdec (on devel)

I don't "abuse" this mailing list that much if you read my mails you
would see that they are intended for devels and not only as issues
that I have! Why are spreading this FUD? Are you so mad? Sorry once
more if I have offended you.

You have too much time on your hand if you have time to invest in my
mail history. I don't have to see yours but I guess it is interesting
:)

> The development mailing list isn't for:
> * The bugs that affect you
I don't. As with this email I just higlighted an issue that affects
ALL eee users, and I know how much fedora devels have done to make
fedora work on that device so it is a shame that this issue ruins it
all.

> * Asking developers for help
> * Being a jerk

then please go of this list ;) I couldn't resist :) If I'm being a
jerk it is not intentional... sorry.

Cheers,
Valent.

--