proposal for fedora11 feature ReviewOMatic

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:16:09 UTC 2009

> BN> This allows uncredentialed users to DoS (or worse) the build
> BN> system, does it not?
>
> It does.  But then, nobody was concerned about this when I indicated
> that I would be building many untrusted packages in koji and surely
> any automated system would issue its builds at low priority anyway.

These issues arise when we get to the point of running Review-O-Matic
or RoM over the entire review queue, or over the entire repository to
check for deviations from the guidelines. If we just look at the
usecase of a reviewer using RoM to take care of the monotonous parts
of a review, or a packager using it to sanity check his submission,
most of these issues don't arise and it is still useful.

Cheers,
Debarshi