xzgv in Fedora broken?

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:01:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>
>  Please, Rahul
>>
>> xzgv does not impact anything.
>>

> Maybe it doesn't but someone has went through the effort of a workaround in
> a different repository while being aware of the issue. That effort could
> have been made to make this work well with gcc4 and helping resolve the
> issue in the long term for upstream as well.
>

>> Once more, here is the fixed memtest86+ for F10. It works just fine (for
>> me) even on new Intel G45.
>>
>> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/memtest86+-2.11-3.fc10.src.rpm<http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/memtest86+-2.11-3.fc10.src.rpm>
>>
>> I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it.
>>

> Apply to be a co-maintainer and you will be able to fix it directly.

OK. Should I send a message to the maintainer first, or just "add myself to
package"
is enough (and wait for a reply)?

Also, I looked at the bugs and I the only one I do not know how to solve
is how to add the grub entry at the end of the file. I tried that in the
past
and never managed to write it other than as the first entry.

Do you know if this is possible at all?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti