xzgv in Fedora broken?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 7 12:34:36 UTC 2009

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org <mailto:sundaram at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>
>         Please, Rahul
>
>         xzgv does not impact anything.
>

>     Maybe it doesn't but someone has went through the effort of a
>     workaround in a different repository while being aware of the issue.
>     That effort could have been made to make this work well with gcc4
>     and helping resolve the issue in the long term for upstream as well.
>

>         Once more, here is the fixed memtest86+ for F10. It works just
>         fine (for me) even on new Intel G45.
>
>         http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/memtest86+-2.11-3.fc10.src.rpm
>         <http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/memtest86+-2.11-3.fc10.src.rpm>
>
>         I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it.
>

>     Apply to be a co-maintainer and you will be able to fix it directly.
>

> OK. Should I send a message to the maintainer first, or just "add myself
> to package"
> is enough (and wait for a reply)?

There are no written rules, personally I would write a mail saying you want to
become a co-maintainer, and then when he says ok, apply for the necessary
rights in pkgdb.

If he does not respond in a few days (which I do not say he will do, but that
happens some time). Send a mail to this list complaining about it, then I'm
sore someone (me for example) will try to get things sorted out.

> Also, I looked at the bugs and I the only one I do not know how to solve
> is how to add the grub entry at the end of the file. I tried that in the
> past
> and never managed to write it other than as the first entry.

That is great news (not about the grub bug, but that you know how to solve all
others)!

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Hans