F10/11 and Intel Integrated Graphics?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:23:59 UTC 2009

It'd be nice if Intel fixed it (and I find the irony delicious that in
the new XOrg, in addition to NVidia, not even the open source drivers
themselves can keep up stability), but failing gracefully with
acceleration switched off seems to be an excellent and preferable
compromise in the short term.  (Unless I misread, which is possible).

17638 seems like a separate issue (not related to the unstartable
X-server), but just general instability with the i945.  Looks like
they fixed that one.

17756 also sounds separate, referring to Xrandr problems and not the
inability to even launch the X-server, and that one looks resolved
too.

Apparently the intel driver has tons of issues, but then again, so do
all the drivers nowadays.