New Fedora virtualization list: fedora-virt

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 19:43:42 UTC 2009

Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  Considering the size of virtualization in Fedora it makes sense
> to have a dedicated mailing-list, and at the moment the existing
> list Fedora-xen at redhat.com doesn't really fit the current state
> of Fedora virtualization, so I created a new list:
> maybe this will avoid getting posts about KVM problems or setup
> on a list with a Xen centric focus :-)
> The new list would be the correct place for anything related to
> virtualization in fedora, both user and development issues,
> and all hypervisors. The old list sounds the right place for
> people still using Fedora <= 8 with Xen,
>
> Daniel

Woohoo, I was wondering where my KVM questions went. Excellent.

For those wondering, I think here are most of the Fedora mailing lists
that are virt related:

libvir-list at redhat.com -- libvirt, libvirtd, and underlying libraries
ovirt-devel at redhat.com -- a management application and a minimal OS for
managing virt
fedora-virt at redhat.com -- the new list
fedora-xen at redhat.com -- the old list
et-mgmt-tools at redhat.com -- virt-manager, virt-install, virsh, and
related tools, also appliance build tools (thincrust) that target virt
cobbler at lists.fedorahosted.org -- for automated lab/datacenter/etc
installs of physical and virtual machines
spacewalk-list at redhat.com -- has a virt installation and management
component (xenpv only now)

Let me know if I've forgotten any.

I am going to have to start collecting virt mailing list trading cards
now...

--Michael