[et-mgmt-tools] Re: New Fedora virtualization list: fedora-virt

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 14:25:14 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 02:43:42PM -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
>> fedora-virt at redhat.com -- the new list
>>
> [...]
>
>> et-mgmt-tools at redhat.com -- virt-manager, virt-install, virsh, and
>> related tools, also appliance build tools (thincrust) that target virt
>>

> I think we should fold et-mgmt-tools into fedora-virt too.  The list
> has < 10 messages / day, and has a confusing name that superficially
> has nothing to do with virtualization unless you happen to know the
> history behind some Red Hat internal department.
>
> Rich.

Yeah, I agree with moving this around (virt-tools sounds good).

Originally this list was started back when we just wanted a list for
various systems management projects that our (Red Hat) group created,
not really even being sure which ones would be ones we'd be spending
time on (hence not wanting to pick a more specific name).  Then it
became largely cobbler+virt-manager, then lots of other virt tools came
along, and cobbler migrated to it's own list because it wasn't all virt
related, so we're left with pretty much the assorted virt tools here.

This list becoming the hub for discussions around virt tooling seems to
be good, and folks can come there with new virt ideas as well.

Make it so, #1?

--Michael