SELinux in mock

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 05:26:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 22:08 -0700, Jerry James wrote:

> How is that supposed to work?  This is blocking the GCL build, which
> has to change dumped images to type gcl_exec_t when SELinux is active
> (checked with selinuxenabled).  If the policy is not managed or the
> store cannot be accessed, then selinuxenabled should be setting its
> exit code to 1, should it not?  As it is, the GCL build fails when
> trying to invoke chcon because selinuxenabled is apparently lying.

selinuxenabled I do believe likely just checks the kernel, which on the
host may indeed be running.  However within the chroot the policy may be
mismatching or completely non-existent.  There is very early support for
allowing in chroot policy to work, but it's certainly not in play on our
builders in Koji, which are a el5 base.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!