Your favorite CMS running docs.fedoraproject.org?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:28:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:20:22PM -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> We are looking for a team of people who want to deploy and maintain a
> new CMS for Fedora Docs.  It may become the CMS that runs all of
> fedoraproject.org that is not a wiki.[0]

[...snip...]

> [0] We are not replacing the wiki.  The wiki serves a different
>     purpose than a full CMS.  The CMS would cover <10% of Fedora
>     content, such as:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CMS_solution_for_Fedora_Project_websites#Target_.28sub-.29domains_and_paths

One way of looking at this, although maybe it's a slightly canted
viewpoint, is that the wiki has 80-90%+ of the content but serves <10%
of the total Fedora audience, and that the CMS would have 10% or so of
the content, but serve a much larger proportion of the total Fedora
audience.

When you include all our users in the total Fedora audience, many of
them are looking for the content that is currently served on the
general web and documentation sites.  For instance, huge numbers of
people visit monthly to find out how to download, join, install, and
translate Fedora, so a CMS would help quite a bit.  I imagine this
would be a fairly prestigious and interesting place to get involved in
Fedora since you'd end up touching a lot of other project areas.