[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 15:30:51 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 19:58:59 +0530,
>   Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Yes, as long as you dont arbitrarily the raise the amount of work
>> someone has to do without any justification and not helping them in the
>> process. I was once getting blamed for a Xfce spin compose that failed
>> because Fedora infrastructure was running a updated (slightly broken)
>> version of livecd-tools than the GA version. How about giving me access,
>> so that I can do composes in the same environment that you do? Help me
>> with this instead of just adding more overhead.
>
> The code for the git archive of livecd-tools is public. I have already been
> testing the git version of livecd-tools without special access.

Err, I do own livecd-tools in EPEL so I am fully aware of that.
That wasn't what I was talking about however. I think Josh Boyer
understands the issue better. Essentially, the environment that spin
maintainers do composes on should be exactly the same as the one the
final composes are being made. Any minor change can cause issues which
we cant easily reproduce.

Rahul