RPM Advice

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Jan 20 23:15:24 UTC 2009

Hello,
   I realize this isn't a fedora specific issue, but I know you are all
very rpm knowledgeable and might have a quick answer to my issue.

   I'm building a few bash scripts for use in our company. We have a few
fedora based workstations so I thought, easier than copying the scripts
everywhere - lets create an rpm so I can update them as need be. So
instead of a bunch of separate bash scripts for each different command,
I would have a common script that included a common library of
functions, and then a single file for each command. So the basis is this:

main command located /usr/bin

it has a line

SCRIPTDIR=.....

while developing I need that to be the local files I'm working on so I
have it set to ./scripts, but when I deploy as an rpm I need it changed
to %_datadir/%{name}... I couldn't find a 'good' way of doing that. Any
suggestions?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613