F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 16:54:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:44 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>  You mean it isn't supposed to be F8? :-) Wonder where I got that idea
> from, then.

It's any key.

> You don't have to "press repeatedly" either, just start holding
> something as the BIOS is finishing with POST.

Right, so long as your bios doesn't freak out about a stuck key.
Typically I use shift as it doesn't have any bios level bindings, nor
any grub level bindings.  You can just lay on the shift and grub will
eventually bring up a gui for you.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!