[QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Jan 22 23:41:36 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Testers need training guidelines and policies to work by, a proper "work
>> flow" and if the responses to every matter are going to be like this one I
>> simply cut out the inefficient process.
>>

> The "inefficient process" is required to achieve a solution which actually
> SATISFIES everybody rather than somebody's arbitrary decision.

A solution to this has been proposed and been added here
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/5
>> I will write those guidelines policy and provide testers with a decent
>> work flow.
>>

> With what authority?

With mine and QA authority and let's time I checked I had the free will
to write whatever I felt like
under my space on the wiki which I have I done ..

For example the new QA wiki page this as been approved on the QA meeting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA

Here's a suggestion for components layout on the QA Namespace and yes
this means
that there will be a similar page that needs to be created for each
component in Fedora

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA/file-roller

Here's another one  ( This one waits Haralds approval )

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA/Test_Days/Features/20SecondStartup

Here you can see I layout I suggested for Gnome Desktop

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/Testing

And more on the way..

We might even rewrite things to be coming more closer to what's being
done on ltp.sf.net

>> Anyone that opposes anything in that guideline can than pick out
>> questionable issues , make them to a topic on this list or ask FESCo to
>> address those issue(s) in their meetings.
>>

> In fact I ask this to be escalated to FESCo right NOW and to get a clear
> statement that you aren't allowed to unilaterally decide on a policy for
> the entire project. This is not Guðmundssonix, it's Fedora!

Since when did I say that that I was Fedora?

>> There will be no time "pressure" matter since the guideline has already
>> been written and made
>>

> With what authority?

See above.

Dont worry you can bother yourself with writing your own proper
testing/test pages for your own components.

Looking forward to see them.

JBG