Draft guidelines for approving provenpackager

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 24 15:47:52 UTC 2009

We don't currently have guidelines for granting access to proven
packager.  I took a work item from FESCo to create a draft for this, and
here is my first stab at it (words in camelcase exist to be replaced
with links to pages concerning them):

Provenpackager is a group of highly skilled package maintainers who are
experienced in a wide variety of package types and who are intimately
familiar with the PackagingGuidelines and MaintainerPolicies as well as
acutely aware of ReleaseSchedules and FreezePolicies.  They exist as a
group to lend a hand when help is needed, always with a desire to
improve the quality of Fedora.  By granting membership into
provenpackager for a maintainer you are confirming that at least in your
mind they meet the above criteria and that you would trust them fully
with any of the packages you either maintain or even just use.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!