xorg.conf - what to do for an input device

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:59:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/1/24 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:

>> > It was called wizardpen. It always worked well for my tablet on FC6/F8.
>> >
>> > However, the new X does not have xf86errno anymore. I think it is just
>> > a plain errno now, but I am not sure.
>>
>> I see. Yeah, s/xf86errno/errno/ is fine. I see there's a version of
>> the driver here newer than what's in ATrpms:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/linuxgenius/
>>

> Thanks, Dan
>
> the wiazardpen driver version 0.6.0.2 is working just fine for me.  I did
> not know it existed. I disabled the AutoAddDdevices in xorg.conf, but now my
> mouse is dead. But it should be easy to fix.

Well, I finished and I included a hal rule for loading wizardpen in xorg
1.5.3

The spec file is here:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/specs/wizardpen.spec

Do you think that would be any interest in having wizardpen in Fedora?

I really do not know if this type of package is acceptable or not.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ