messages eat my harddisk because of alsa or pulse

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sun Jan 25 22:12:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 04:10:54AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 20.01.09 04:17, Muayyad AlSadi (alsadi at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Jan 20 04:00:43 localhost pulseaudio[3021]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA
> > woke us up to write new data to the device, but there wa
> > s actually nothing to write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug.
> > Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.
> >
> > what is the reason,
>
> Your ALSA driver is broken.
>
> That said, I didn't expect that this message would be printed that
> often on the setups where they happen.

  What do you mean by "often"?
# grep -c "Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug" messages*
messages:1
messages-20081228:16
messages-20090104:5
messages-20090111:7
messages-20090118:13

  On my Thinkpad T400 with Centrino 2 and
echo 5 > /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save
echo 1 > /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save_controller

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray