Lack of update information

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 09:01:17 UTC 2009

Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Was very common, which is practically useless since it doesn't refer to
>> upstream or downstream bugzillas or feature list or changelog. Would it
>> be useful to introduce some guidelines to cover this?
>
> Well, %changelog should be only used for RPM changes, not for upstream
> ones. Something else seems abusing %changelog for me.

I wasn't talking about changelog at all but update descriptions that are
put out by maintainers via bodhi. These two serve different purposes.
One is brief package changelog meant more developers and other is for
end users and should include upstream changes as well. If you are just
copy pasting changelog information, then, yes PackageKit might as well
as show that but that's not the case.

Rahul