Restart anacron on hibernate/resume

Marcela Maslanova mmaslano at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 09:50:37 UTC 2009

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Below is a message I sent to the fedora-list a while ago. I didn't
> really get that many answers, so I'd like to discuss the issue on this
> list too.
>
> The main point here is: does Fedora restart anacron after a
> suspend/hibernate and resume cycle (probably not) and should it?
>
> As you may know, Ubuntu 8.04.2 was recently released and they have
> apparently fixed a similar issue. In <http://lwn.net/Articles/316224/>
> it says "Stop/start anacron on suspend/resume and on power-cycle
> (#249220)".
>

> Ville-Pekka Vainio

Hello,
I was testing for some time changes in crontabs/anacron, which should
fix running daily jobs after hibernation and running daily jobs only
once per day. I didn't use pm-utils hacks like Ubuntu to make anacron
work because this hack didn't solve 'don't run daily jobs twice' problem.
Anacron is now checking every hour daily jobs whether they ran or not
and execute them only once per day. I put this changes into rawhide,
I'll be glad if you can test it.
Regards,
--
Marcela Mašláňová