Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 13:35:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 08:18:52AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >I know it is a pain, on the other hand it would really improve Fedora 11.
>
> I agree.  Does it have to be .29, or would something slightly older (and
> theoretically more stable) suffice?  The .27.x release has been in use for
> F-9 and F-10 for a while now.

For glibc 2.9 (F10) it would suffice to just have .27, but for rawhide
.29 introduces futex bitset and realtime clock support, which means an extra
syscall for every threaded program.  We could bump it in steps, first start
requiring .27 and then if .29 is sufficiently stable in a month (or when
we really need to freeze), rebuild just glibc requiring a newer kernel.

	Jakub