Lack of update information

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Jan 27 02:47:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 08:56:58AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> If they're really such minor and uninteresting changes, why push them
>> out to users?  Why consume infrastructure resources to build, releng
>> resources to sign and push, bandwidth resources to mirror, bandwidth
>> resources and cpu resources on the clients to consume the metadata, and
>> cpu / disk resources on the clients to do the update?
>
> All good questions.

And all obviated by Fedora policy and practice: we expressly give and
expect maintainers to exercise their judgement here.

Unless, of course, we need a Committee of Update Oversight set up...?
Maybe a new set of highly detailed guidelines, detailing when and how
updates are to be blessed and released to the great unwashed, or cast
asunder?

                             -Chris
--
Chris Weyl