Fedora 11 Alpha Status

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 18:22:47 UTC 2009

Last night we refreshed the alpha freeze (see koji tag f11-alpha-2).
This will be the content we're using for the Alpha, provided our testing
is successful.  Anything else added will only be for critical path
items, that is the path to install, boot, obtain network, and update.
If a reasonable workaround is found for a problem in that path, the work
around will be advertised rather than respinning the Alpha.

Today's rawhide is not functional due to some changes in createrepo/yum.
Newer builds of these packages have been made and tested and added to
the new alpha tag, so tomorrow's rawhide is a bit closer to what the
Alpha will be.

We hope to have the alpha fully composed by midday tomorrow and on its
way to mirrors for staging.  I'll announce when this happens.  Release
date is still planned for Tuesday, February 3rd.

Thanks all!
--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!