Lack of update information

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 21:24:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 22:18 +0100, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Denis Leroy wrote:
> >> I find it unreasonable to ask of package maintainers to take the role of
> >> technical writers.
> >
> > Oh come on, writing a couple of sentences to explain what's new and why it's
> > being pushed doesn't need a technical writer at all.
>
> Ok, here's a little exercise :-)
>
> Below is the ChangeLog of gtkmm-2.15.0, which I pushed to rawhide a
> while ago. How would you summarize it to Bodhi ?

Update to 2.15.0

:-)

On a more serious note, I tend to look at release announcements / NEWS
files when I try to collect update information for new releases. Proper
releases should have the user-relevant information about the new release
in those places, as opposed to all the minutiae in the ChangeLog...