Lack of update information

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:38:59 UTC 2009

2009/1/27 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 14:22 -0800, Chris Weyl wrote:
>>  Really?  Filling in that field has always been manual? hm. Funny this
>> works then:
>>
>>     bodhi -n -c "`cat clog`" -r F-X -t enhancement -R testing `make
>> verrel`
>
> You're just being difficult to be difficult.  You could also come up
> with a way to script against the web interface, but at the end of the
> day, the contents of the notes section have to be generated somewhere.
> Bodhi doesn't generate them itself.  That's the point that rahul was
> making.

If "being difficult to be difficult" means "showing a counter-example
to something stated as fact", then, alright, that's me.

Bodhi doesn't generate them itself, but neither does it have to be a
manual task.  Reusing existing information through automation
effectively negates that; much like pointing at existing upstream
changelogs would negate having to regurgiate them somewhere else.

                           -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia