Lack of update information

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jan 28 06:05:57 UTC 2009

Le mardi 27 janvier 2009 à 22:14 -0300, Horst H. von Brand a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Again, the value of this information is limited at best and only
> > concerns a very small user minority that both speaks English and
> > understands technical jargon (ie, not a lot of people). Even those who
> > have some grasp of English would usually not be able to parse it!
>
> But those people are almost exactly the ones interested in that
> information. To do anything at all in <name technical field here> today,
> English (at least simple technical English) is a must.

You seriously need to take some distance. The kind of English you'll
find in those notifications is totally foreign and useless to the vast
majority of our user base. It's not technical English it's pure CS
jargon very few people speak.

A very small minority may be able to parse it, but a versy small
minority is not a sufficient reason to impose this burden on packagers.

--
Nicolas Mailhot