Draft: simple update description guidelines

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 28 16:39:50 UTC 2009

>> > so what's the point? Yum's changelog plugin is
>> > much more useful than this proposal will ever be.
>>
>> Actually, that's my fallback when no infos are provided in PK.
>>
>> But that doesn't take away the fact that having infos in PK would be
>> really nice :)
>
> Sure, file a bug. I didn't know we could get the ChangeLog comments from
> yum. There's already support for it in the PK API.

No, I was talking about the infos about the update, the ones the
discussion is about, not the rpm changelog !

As said previously, it doesn't necessarily make sense (depending on
who is speaking) to have the rpm changelog displayed as the
information update in PK.

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador