New package from one source

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 28 21:56:12 UTC 2009

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:

> As I mention above, what about your first link - main apache rpm package
> fully ignore this guidelines!

These are more best practises and aren't part oaf the packaging
guidelines except as a reference but maintainers have to ultimately make
their own decisions. If you find major deviations from upstream, it is
useful to talk to the maintainers and understand why.

> But why you are not consider Steinar H. Gunderson as upstream amintainer
> of apache mpm-itk???

This is a patchset for upstream.

> In any case, as maintainer of package I take care about maintenance load
> by this rpm. As I remember, it had not any urgent issues with adaptation
> to current releases of apache for the past year or even more.
>
> P.S. I'm write mail to Steinar H. Gunderson with question why it is not
> in upstream...

Yes, that is the key question to get an answer for.

Rahul