Draft: simple update description guidelines

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 29 10:26:00 UTC 2009

On 29.01.2009 11:11, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:14:48 +0000, Mark wrote:
>> Okay, here's an attempt:
>>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Markmc/Draft_package_update_guidelines
> [...]
> Much better, an effort much appreciated, although this is way beyond
> the subject of this thread. ;)

That's what I thought as well. The fist draft from Rahul was more a
"what information to add to bodhi updates request"; this one also
touches "Maintaining Stability".

And it does so without answering the question properly. So it will
continue as now: Some maintainers will use a debian-like style, others
more a rolling-release style. That's a bit confusing from a users point
of view.

> Such a document goes into the right
> direction, since it tries to explain Fedora's fundamental update
> strategy and may come as a surprise to some packagers. It will be very
> interesting to hear what FESCo members think about the contents.

+1

CU
knurd