Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:30:32 UTC 2009

>> Can we please be done with this kind of blanket statements as well as "Red Hat
>> vs the community" comments?  They are derogatory, demoralizing, and border on
>> offensive.  And after the third time, simply frustrating.  Red Hat has some of
>> the best engineers in the world, perhaps some of the worst if you wish, and
>> most probably a lot of average ones.  So what?

> I think what Robert and me wanted to express is: It's not only that some
> (!) people from RH do not follow the guidelines but some also explicitly
> refuse to follow them even after they were told them what's wrong. I
> have no explanation for that kind of behavior but arrogance.

Quite true. Recently I did a merge review [1] where among other things
I mentioned the absense of %{?_smp_flags} while building the package.
The owner fixed most of the things but just left it out saying that he
can not be bothered about such irrelevant things. I do not know about
its relevance, but there is another merge review [2] where shared
libraries are being installed without invoking ldconfig, and the
maintainer does not care to respond even a month even though I
provided a patch to fix most of the issues.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
----
[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/225852