TeXlive 2008 in Fedora 11?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 29 15:09:16 UTC 2009

Le Jeu 29 janvier 2009 15:55, Rex Dieter a écrit :

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>>> I'd have to say the chances of this are extremely unlikely. I'm
>>> much
>>> more inclined to propose that we drop texlive altogether.
>>
>> No TeX?
>> If concrete licensing issues are found by somebody, of course those
>> need to be addressed
>
> +1
>
> Why is a license audit is blocking an update?

I don't think it's blocking, IIRC texlive 2008 also demands different
packaging, and there is a lack of people to do both the technical
*and* the legal work.

Of course new modular packaging of TEX would take care of both issues,
if enough packagers could be found to submit packages for each part of
TEX, checking its licensing at the same time.

--
Nicolas Mailhot