Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 29 15:25:25 UTC 2009

Le Jeu 29 janvier 2009 16:00, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> Please. Instead of antagonizing each other,  it would be useful to add
> information on what he doesn't know about.

Well, if it needs to be written publicly, a responsive upstream who is
also a Fedora packager and that can push fixes to core libraries in
Fedora as needed (and check we do not miss anything) is a major boon.

Not only Behdad is a responsive upstream for his own stuff but he's
also often pushed fixes for other projects whose canonical upstream
had postponed fixing indefinitely.

The rpm side of packaging is important, but mature packages do not
have a spec that changes every month and do not need an rpm expert to
maintain. Being able to fix the packaged stuff has more value than
understanding rpm arcanes.

--
Nicolas Mailhot