Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 29 18:12:16 UTC 2009

drago01 wrote:
> Did it ever happen that a "provenpackager" or any packager in the days
> of open ACLs cause any real damage to packages (not owned by him)?
> I am not aware of any such cases, it seems to me that we are trying to
> solve a non existing problem.

It's mostly just paranoia, as always when the 's' word ("security") is
involved.

IMHO, all packages should have open ACLs, with no exceptions (yes, even the
kernel!), and I don't think we should make it as hard to get into
provenpackager as some people are suggesting (10 to 15 sponsors needed,
WTF?).

        Kevin Kofler