Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 19:28:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> He suggested a little more than that and no I don't believe this would
> be a positive result for Fedora. (even assuming enough community
> packagers could be found to replace the existing packagers)

Interesting, that you believe knowing more than me as writer of the text ;)

If a downstream and upstream maintainer wants to focus on upstream rather
on downstream, he/she/it could look for a new maintainer and itself step
down getting just co-maintainer - especially if he/she/it is not interested
in enhancing own RPM packaging skills (which is strange for a packager).
Very similar to this is just to look for a co-maintainer and let him/her do
more packaging work rather bugfixing and upstream <-> downstream handling.

And to repeat myself once more: We still need more quality rather quantity
in Fedora - this also affects packaging.

Greetings,
  Robert