Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Jan 29 21:04:10 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 29 January 2009 at 21:51, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > How about we require at least one co-maintainer per package and all packages
> > that don't have two maintainers in, say, 6 months from now get dropped?
>
> With which benefit, if we remove the right to package mantainers to forbid
> provenpackager commits except for some special canditates needing FESco? If
> everybody can touch anything, why a co-maintainer?

Well, even with provenpackagers, it's not like they will start committing
left and right into other people's packages. A co-maintainer is expected
to be the first person to step in when the other maintainer is unable to
do his job.

I'd also make it mandatory for provenpackagers to be members of at least
one SIG like KDE, Server, Games etc., i.e. ones that deal with certain
group of software packages so that their area of expertise is at least
somewhat defined.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."