TeXlive 2008 in Fedora 11?

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 23:12:56 UTC 2009

Hm well I never thought about licensing issues regarding LaTeX...

When I look at:
http://tug.org/texlive/copying.html
They state:

"To the best of our knowledge, all the software in TeX Live meets the
requirements of the Free Software Foundation's definition of free
software, and the Debian Free Software Guidelines. Where the two
conflict, we generally follow the FSF."

So maybe you dont want to rely on such a statement. But that makes
quite an effort.

Some of the mentioned packages also where in tetex which was part in
fedora before and no one complained about license issues.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:46:06 -0500 "Tom \"spot\" Callaway"
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
TC> texmf/dvipdfmx/*

dvipdfmx at least is GPL see readme:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/dviware/dvipdfmx/

It would be really sad removing texlive for those license oddities. It
would be quite some competitive disadvantage.

Stefan