Too many unowned directories

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jan 31 19:34:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 01:43:47PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:11:30 +0000, Richard wrote:
> > Why can't RPM deal with it?
>
> Because it doesn't do it yet? ;)
> Perhaps it's not even easy to implement in RPM's current code base?

Sure thing.  We should file a bug (feature enhancement really) against
RPM and then forget about the unowned directories thing until that bug
has been resolved one way or another.

I don't know if you agree with me, but I think the _right_ way to
solve this is once in RPM, not 48235 times over in all the packages in
Fedora.  Even if the RPM implementation is a bit tricky, it's surely
easier than pushing this job down to every packager.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)